Jon M. Tynjala is a business lawyer practicing in the areas of business and corporate law and mergers and acquisitions. Jon brings a unique and practical perspective to representing closely-held businesses and their owners, from financing and formation through operation and development.
Jon has served as outside general counsel to numerous manufacturing and service industry clients. Jon’s role as outside general counsel includes reviewing, drafting and negotiating a variety of contractual arrangements relating to the ownership and management of small businesses, as well as issues relating to employment, technology, intellectual property rights, and operations.
Jon is active in forming corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships, as well as guiding business owners through the many issues and delicate negotiations surrounding ownership, management and ownership succession issues. Jon was also named a 2005 Minnesota Rising Star.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acted as seller’s co-counsel in the sale of an international translation services business.
- Acted as buyer’s counsel for numerous small business acquisitions in the manufacturing service industries.
- Acted as seller’s counsel on the sale of a medical device parts manufacturer.
- Acted as seller’s counsel in the sale of a heating, ventilation and air conditioning sales and service business.
- Acted as buyer’s counsel for several local bars and restaurants.
Business & Corporate Law
- Represented numerous individuals and owners groups in the formation and operation of closely held businesses (corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships).
- Drafted and reviewed corporate transactional and control documents, buy-sell agreements, member control agreements, non-compete and confidentiality agreements.
- Represented companies to develop product and service agreements and arrangements, including distribution, sales, representative and independent contractor relationships.
Real Estate Law & Litigation:
- Acted as seller’s counsel for the sale of numerous businesses including owned real estate.
- Reviewed, negotiated and drafted lease and sublease arrangements from both the tenant and landlord perspectives.
Non-Profit and Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Represented numerous non-profits in formation and operations and in obtaining and maintaining tax exempt status.
- Represented a local contracting company in negotiating and documenting a working capital loan that helped to keep the company open and operating and saved numerous jobs.